THE PROTESTANT DOCTRINE OF SCRIPTURE
by Cornelius Van Til
Vol. 1 of In Defense of the Faith/Biblical Christianity.
Nutley, NJ: Presbyterian and Reformed, 1967. 156 pp. *Not Under Copyright*
The first in a series of six volumes published under the auspices of the den Dulk Christian Foundation (Ripon, CA). In this volume the Reformed defense of Scripture is compared to evangelical approaches. Van Til stresses that the doctrine of the inspiration and authority of Scripture must be understood in relation to and in unity with its doctrinal content.
1. The Reformed Doctrine of Scripture [cf. 1946.C]
2. The Roman Catholic View of Analogy
3. The Reformed Doctrine of Inspiration (Warfield, Bavinck)
4. The Roman Catholic View of Scripture (Aquinas, Trent)
5. Neo-Orthodoxy and Christ Mysticism
6. Modern Attacks on Scripture (Francis L. Patton, Bernard Ramm)
7. Evangelical Approaches to the Defense of Scripture
(Warfield, Gordon Clark, Dewey M. Beegle, Stuart C. Hackett)
Appendix I-General and Special Revelation [1954.H, 1964.
Download the complete PDF here:
Van Til, The Protestant Doctrine Of Scripture
Click on the following link to read Chapter 1 from this work by Dr. Van Til:
The Reformed Doctrine of Scripture
Soli Deo Gloria!